Flag Coach Information
The Rockford Flag Football program is only as good as our volunteers. With 28-32 Flag teams we need quality individuals to step up and volunteer as a head coach. You do not have to have a strong football background. All you need is a teaching spirit, organizational skills, and patience. Every year the Flag program has grown approximately 15% so we are always in the need for coaches. If you have sometime, the kids would love to have you coaching. It's hard work, but what you take away from the experience and the impact that you have on the kids is nothing short of incredible.
- Head Flag head football coaches are required to attend the pre-season coaches meeting with the Rocket Field Director.
- The registration process for Flag coaches is exactly the same as the Rocket Coach process. All Flag coaches must provide a signed authorization form, a background check, and a copy of their drivers license.
- Each individual selected as a Head Flag coach is allowed to select one assistant.
- You are only allowed 4 practices. 3 during the first week prior to Game 1 and 4th practice is allowed to be carried over until the third week. NO PRACTICES week 2 & 4.
We're offering 2 ways to sign up as a coach this year...(1) Online registration and (2) Walk In Registration. Before you sign up to coach, check the dates for the Preseason coaches meeting. These are required meetings.
(1) Online Registration: Go to the Registration page and will register using the same web site as players, select the Coach/Volunteer option. You'll be able to enter in your personal information and the 'age group' that you're interested in coaching.
But you're not done. Once you finish with the online form, print it out sign it and then mail a copy of your driver's license to the below address with a signed copy of the "Ethical Behavior Standards" form you will see with your confirmation e-mail. If you loose the online form you can find a copy of the background consent form and the Ethical Behavior form. Links are on the right of this page.
(2) Walk In Registration: There will be a table available at each of the walk up player registration dates for people interested in coaching. To volunteer, you'll need to...
- Complete registration online with one of the computers provided
- Provide a signed authorization to do a background check
- Provide a signed Ethical Standards Form
- Provide a copy of your drivers license